This course is aimed at all employees. Being aware of asbestos, where it is found, and the risks of exposure are important. The Health and Safety Executive estimate that past exposure to asbestos currently kills 4,500 people a year in Great Britain.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the six main types of asbestos
- List the likely locations of asbestos-containing-materials
- Understand the legal and regulatory requirements of employers and duty holders
- Identify how asbestos can enter the body and the diseases it can cause
- Reduce exposure risk and understand the actions to take if exposure occurs.
You must pass the assessment at the end of the course to receive your certificate.