Manual Handling Awareness Access
This course is aimed at all employees. The Health and Safety Executive describe manual handling as the moving of items either by lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing or pulling. This means that manual handling is something most of us do, often without realising. It is for this reason we must all understand how to complete a manual handling task correctly.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the legislative and regulatory requirements of employers and employees in relation to manual handling
- Follow the three steps of the manual handling hierarchy
- Understand the types of injury that can occur from manual handling and those who are more at risk
- Safely execute a manual handling activity
- Identify lifting aids and how to complete a team-lift.
You must pass the assessment at the end of the course to receive your certificate.