Who the course is for
Anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities.
The course Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers will meet the needs of your business within a timescale to suit you. Delivered over 4 days, this flexible course will demonstrate how a focus on effective safety and health management will improve efficiency and the wellbeing of your staff
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health, and environmental regulations.
What the course covers
- Local law and enforcement
- Preparing for work
- General management of the site, workers and contractors including for example:
- the importance of method statements
- the use of permits to work.
- The importance of managing environmental aspects and impacts related to construction projects
- Principles underpinning effective construction design and management
- The key issues and control of working at height including for example:
- plans and risk assessments
- roofs and fragile surfaces
- working platforms and ladders
- management, use and stability of scaffolds
- fall arrest and suspension equipment.
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- What employers will get
- Globally recognised and respected certificated training for their managers and supervisors
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-assured by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals
- A course that can be delivered in timeslots that suit the business
- Fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents, resulting in greater productivity
- Improved, company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Proactive staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
You can be assured that your managers are receiving tuition to a global standard of best practice on a course that has been precisely formulated to meet their specific local needs. This means you can have confidence that all your staff, where-ever in the world they are located, are operating to one global standard. Also, we understand that the construction sector is moving quickly – constantly implementing innovative new practices in the way that buildings are procured designed and built. That’s why we’ve built a course that reflects these new practices and allows the principles of good safety, health and environment management to be applied to them. The result? Your managers will be equipped to implement the real and lasting changes you need to reduce workplace accidents and illness and so drive profitability.
The Course Assessment will comprise off a written multiple-choice paper given at the end of day 4, plus a workplace based written Risk Assessment assignment to be undertaken on completion of the course.
Applying for a CSR Card
The IOSH Safety Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers course has been approved meets the requirements needed for application for the CSR Platinum Managers card. Delegates must have a minimum of 5 years managerial experience and require an NVQ Level 6 in Construction Site Management or Construction Contracting Operations Management, prior to obtaining the Platinum CSR card. Otherwise, candidates will have the option to pursue the Academically Qualified Persons or Professionally Qualified Persons Platinum Cards.