Food Safety Level 2
Food Safety is about working with food in a safe and hygienic way. This ensures the food you handle, prepare or serve to customers is fit to be eaten and will not cause illness.
In this level 2 course you will learn about:
- Physical, chemical, microbiological and allergenic contamination
- Legislation and regulations governing food safety and how they are enforced
- Temperatures that impact on food safety
- How to keep the work area, equipment and utensils clean, safe and hygienic
- Storing and labelling food
- Personal hygiene
- Controlling pests and managing waste.